Pork Shoulder Worksheet
1. Place Pork shoulders between the racks and tie using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place Racks inside the box skin side down, attached probe from the wired thermometer and run wire under short aluminum top frame.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 7 kg of charcoal for Model #1 Box or 8 kg. for Model #2 Box and light up.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now ______________________ (write you start time).
7. After 1 hour (1st hour) ___________________ 4 kg of charcoal (write time).
8. Continue to add 4 kg of charcoal every hour until you reach 86 C on the meat thermometer.
9. Once you reach 86 C lift the charcoal grid shake it well to remove the ashes, now place it on top of the long handles. Do not place on the grass or floor it will damage them.
10. Remove the ash pan from the box and dispose of the ashes. Make sure you water down the ashes on the ground, they can cause fire.
11. Flip the pork shoulders over to crispy the skin. This is easily done using our patented Rack System, just grab the end of the rack lift and slide as you pull upward, using the other hand grab the top end of the other rack and slide it down.
12. Score the skin using a knife, this helps to remove the fat and crisp the skin.
13. Cover the box again with the ash pan and the charcoal grid; do not add more charcoal at this time.
14. After 30 minutes, take a peak by lifting the charcoal pan by one end only. You will continue doing this every 10 minutes until the skin is crispy to your liking.
IMPORTANT: Do not open the box until you reach the desired temperature