1. Place Turkey on top of the rack breast down if cooking whole or skin down if cooking split. Add 2 cups of water to the drip tray; for extra flavor you can add beer to or spices to the water, I personally like to add a ½ cup of our La Caja China Mojo Criollo.
2. Place Turkey inside the box, skin or breast down, attached probe from the wired thermometer and run wire under short top frame.
3. Cover the roasting box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 2,2 kg of charcoal and light up.
5. Once lit (20 – 25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal tray.
6. Cooking time starts right now.
7. After 1 hour open the box by removing the ash pan and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the Turkey over, skin or breast side up and add 1,8 kg of charcoal.
Continue to add 1,8 kg of charcoal every hour until you reach 80 C .
Note: If you like you can brush a mix of butter, garlic and say sauce over the turkey after you reach 80 C. Just open the box brush the mixture and cover again with the charcoal tray for an extra 10 – 15 minutes.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE
Newsletter Sign up
- Sign Up to Receive Exclusive Offers & Promotions!
Cookies are small files, which the server sends to the user's browser while browsing the website.
Received cookie is then loaded to the device (computer, tablet, smart phone) that is used to access the website.
Websites use different types of cookies.
These tracking cookies enable the analysis of visits and browsed content. These cookies are anonymous and do not allow the tracking of specific identified user.
These advertising cookies are used to tailor our advertising to your needs.
You can always change your cookie settings by clicking the link in the footer of this page.
These are always enabled cookies required for basic site functionality.
These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process run smoothly as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
These analytics cookies allow us to improve the site's functionality by anonymously tracking usage.
In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you've selected and help connect you to your social networks.De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance. You also may not be able to share effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks.
These cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests.
The data collected is anonymous; it is not collected with any personal information you may have shared about yourself. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you.