Whole Pig Without the Skin Worksheet
1. Place Pig between the racks and tie using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place Pig inside the box Ribs side down, connect the wired thermometer probe on the leg, be careful not to touch the bone.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 7 kg of charcoal for Model #1 Box or 8 kg for Model #2 Box and light up.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now ________________ (write down).
7. After 1 hour (1st hour) open the box flip the Pig over (ribs up) close the box and add 4,5 kg of charcoal.
8. After 1 hour (2nd hour) add 14,5 kg of charcoal.
9. Continue to add 4,5 kg of charcoal every hour until you reach a temperature of 85 C inside the leg (ham)
IMPORTANT:DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE
Note: If roasting a pig with temperature below 200 C we recommend insulating the bottom of or box using Insulation Kit P/N: 10800.